Monday, July 25, 2011

DIY Recycled Thrifted Fabric Corduroy Rosette wreath tutorial





I keep seeing all these neat burlap wreaths popping up all over blogland,
and I wanted to make one, but ....I didn't have any burlap.
What I DID have was that bolt of fabric that I have used over and over again.
(best 6.99 I ever spent) :)
So I ran down to the dollar store and got a straw wreath,
cut my strips of fabric and covered the wreath,
and started making rosette's...:)



Here is the simplest way I can show you how to make them.
Fold the fabric strip (about 12 inches long 2 inches wide)
in half. Glue the end together and start wrapping in a twisting motion.




Like this...drop a little bit of hot glue here and there to keep the rosette together...
(or to keep your fingers stuck together and burning of the skin, whatever you choose..:)


Man, I thought I swore a lot under my breath trying to sew something....
burning my knuckles with hot glue took that to a whole new level...
I told my husband that I think the C.I.A. could use this as some
sort of way to get information out of people...
It HURTS.....:)


But..Beauty is pain....:)
and look how BEAUTIFUL it turned out...
I love it...
I hope you do to.





Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I love this and will be making one of my own! Thanks for the inspiration!

Art Is Beauty said...

THANKS ERIN, HOPEFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE EASY ENOUGH TO FOLLOW..:)

HoneySage said...

I saw 6 pairs of corduroy pants in the same great color at the thrift store. I may have to go back and get them. I like this look better than the burlap. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is so pretty!! I love your idea! I am visiting from The Girl Creative and I am a new follower! Hope you have a great day and I look forward to seeing you around soon!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

cherished bliss said...

So pretty! I love the corduroy! It has such nice texture! Thanks for linking up again this week! : )

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

turned out Wonderful! i love the choice color too!

Come link this up at my woot woot wednesdays!
www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

annies home said...

love it looks great come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I LOVE this as well as your nautical jar holder! Very pretty and creative. I'm following you now. :)


Come visit!

Kelly

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

That looks so pretty against the mirror.

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

WOW! That is getting featured next week! I love it! :)

Art Is Beauty said...

Thanks so much Nicole!! You just made my night!!! :)

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Very, very cool!!! I love the texture of the corduroy on the rosettes! Thanks for sharing!

Coley said...

This is so cute! Love how you were able to use things that were already on hand :)

Coley

Mel Creates Often said...

Very pretty - I love wreaths, corduroy, and rosettes. Can't go wrong with any of that. I' m following you from Your Whims Wednesday and liking your facebook page. I'm hosting a hop right now, and I hope you come by.

http://www.meldreamsoften.com

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

This is beautiful! I love the color and the texture of the corduroy. I'm glad you didn't have any burlap! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

Annie said...

This is so pretty. I was thinking about making a rosette wreath for a wedding I'm decorating, and after seeing yours, I'm pretty certain I'm going to add that to my craft list. It's so pretty, and I love that you hung it with that tulle. So pretty!

Tanya said...

The texture of this is great. I love that shade of green and with the corduroy it is even better.

Unknown said...

I love this wreath!! I wanted to let you know I am featuring it on my site on Monday!

http://www.thegunnysack.com/2011/07/whats-in-gunny-sack-wreaths.html

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured this too as part of my BFF Link Party Wrap Up. Grab a featured button from my sidebar if you like :)

meg said...

i LOVE this wreath! how pretty!! and i love how it looks on that mirror. great job! i'm your newest follower :) excited to see some of your other great ideas!!