Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"at the BEACH" shabby chic coffee talbe


 Man oh man, we are having some UNSEASONABLY warm weather here in
Michigan, and it got me all fast forwarding to Summer. :)
So when I was trying to decide what to do with my cute little table from
Goodwill that my sweet friend Annie snagged me, I thought of just the thing..

You can see it was a decent table but it HAD SEEN ITS DAY!  It was beat up and dirty.
So I whipped up some HOME MADE CHALK PAINT. (you can find the original post HERE)

I bleached and scrubbed the legs to give them a distressed look and then painted the top
a really pretty pale sea glass blue.

She looks good just like this..but you know me...can't have anything PLAIN! :)

So I thought, what better than "at the Beach"  So I drew it on and used my Krink pen to outline and
filled it in with my acrylic white paint. (don't forget the HUGE giveaway for the krink pens is open until March 24, you can enter HERE)   When it was dry I distressed the top and sprayed some poly on to protect the paint. I can just see her sitting in a cottage somewhere on the beach of Lake Michigan.
To bad I don't have a cottage..:)
I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial, and as always, Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!
 
Posted by Picasa
http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2012/03/fridays-unfolded-57.html
 http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/03/inspiration-friday-no-56-and-cottage-in.htmlRedouxFurniture Feature FridaysThe Old Block Househttp://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2012/03/meet-me-monday-party_18.htmlSunday's Best Linky Party!
UndertheTableandDreaming
”How




Tip Junkie handmade projectsMod Vintage Life
The DIY Dreamer
IhookedupwithHoHlamespicehttp://www.centsationalgirl.com/Button

28 comments:

Danielle said...

This is beautiful! I love anything beachy. You did a great job. x

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love this and wish i was AT THE BEACH!

The Rooster and The Hen said...

Ok, what a fun piece! I saw something like this done to an outdoor wood chair and it was fun. I love painted furniture and you did such a great idea! We'd love you to link this up to our Repurpose, Remodel, Reveal Transformation party starting this Friday morning!

Stacey said...

Cute - love the colors! I would love if you stopped over to my Creative inspiration linky party (happening NOW) and linked this up! I would love to have you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Grace Note Gifts said...

Love it! The soft colors and Beach theme are beautiful!

Blessings, Grace

Completely Coastal said...

Very cool!!

Crafts a la Mode said...

I know one girl who would like that. My daughter. She likes the beachy cottage look. Nice work. I'm going to "pin" this so she can look at it. I'm going to peek into your pinterest also. Best wishes, Linda

Liz Vickerman said...

love this!

Unknown said...

lovely table ! I too wish I had a beach house ! I always enjoy beach vaca s My son had an old coffee table similar to this I think Ill paint it some way...someday for him

-KAT-

Katherines Corner said...

Love it! Perfect colors too.Hugs and happy weekend wishes. P.S> Happy St Patty's Day

Unknown said...

Aahhhhh! I LOVE THIS! We are total beach-lovers too. Love the colors, the words, all of it! Would you consider sharing it here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/shine-on-fridays-19-and-some-fabulous.html

Sarah said...

I absolutely love this coffee table!
Sarah
www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

Sara said...

LOVE this!! SO beautiful!! Hope you can link this up at my turquoise lovin' party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/03/turquoise-lovin-30.html

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Hi! I found you through the HTNFL linkup. The table looks fantastic! Summer is on my brain lately, and I adore the beach, so you know I'd love this piece! :)

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

What a great fun piece, and the table looks beautiful. Love the beachy cottage look. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

What a gorgeous table! I love the beachy look and feel - makes me look forward to summer too!!

Thanks for sharing at Simply Klassic Home!

Cindy said...

That coffee table looks fabulous, now! I love it. The words on top only make it prettier!
Hugs, Cindy

Christine said...

Beautiful piece!!!! Love the colors!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!!

Jessi said...

Amazing! This would look fabulous in a beach condo/home. I have fallen in love with Annie Sloan's chalk paint after just 2 projects. Perhaps I need to give the homemade stuff a try! Thanks for sharing, and happy spring!

The Rooster and The Hen said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LOVE this project! Sharing on our FB page! Thanks for linking up to the RRR Transformation Party!

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

Love this! The color, the typography, the beachy feel. Thanks for sharing at the Thats The Ticket Blog Hop.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a beautiful piece! Megan

thistlewoodfarm said...

Visiting from Centsational Girl! I absolutely LOVE your table. Such a great idea the beach house.

Thanks for the inspiration.

blessings,
karianne

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Ok, skip spring and head straight to summer. This table is awesome. You did a great job. Graphics/typography on furniture is one of my favorite things to do and I LOVE how yours turned out.

Have a great day.

BTW - I was so sure that I was already following you through Linky but I guess not....so I am now ;)

Unknown said...

This table turned out beautiful! I have a beach theme going on my porch- I just go out there during the summer and dream that the ocean is nearby! Thanks for linking up to Manic Monday!

How to Nest for Less said...

WOW, love the color!

Chrissy said...

This is beautiful! You did a great job!

Abbie said...

Fantastic makeover! Love it!

Thanks so much for linking up with Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

I'll be sharing this on our FB page today! : )

~Abbie