Thursday, April 12, 2012

80's oak hall tree turned into an OLD ANTIQUE BEAUTY!


Here is another post about a project that I ended up keeping for myself.
You remember this 80's oak hall tree that I got at Goodwill?

You can see it here, just kinda....MEHHHH.....:)

So I decided to use my home made chalk paint recipe that I just love. I first put on a coat of apricot butter.  (and do not pay any attention to that pile of clean laundry on the couch)   :)

Then when that was dry I put on a coat of regular old white chalk paint. I wanted the piece to
look really old like it had been painted a few times.


Once the paint was dry I got to waxing...:O)

and waxing

and waxing....

I honestly didn't plan on keeping this thing until I started painting it.

I just kept falling more and more in love with it as the
old world patina it was getting started to come through.

It went perfect in my kitchen (even though it meant moving our antique tiger grain buffet
into the den and then that started a whole den makeover , but you know how that goes...:))

How could I let her go, when it looks like she has been with our family forever....????
I couldn't!!! So she has her new home with us.
(AND  as an added bonus...its one of those SKINNY mirrors...in the KITCHEN....:)  So as you walk out the door you go ...DANG....I LOOK GOOD!!!)  DON'T JUDGE ME...I like my fantasy world...LOL.


I hope you have a beautiful day.
 
Posted by Picasa



http://frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.com/2012/04/treasure-hunt-thursday-52-highlights.html




Furniture Feature FridaysThe Shabby Nest
It's OVerflowing

The Southern Institute
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
”How
Craft DIY Ideas
Home Stories A2Z

http://www.craftyscrappyhappy.net/2012/04/324.html

16 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fabulous!! I have been meaning to try chalk paint. You did a great job.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

It's gorgeous! Amazing what a little paint and elbow grease will do. I'm visiting from Vintage Farmhouse. Have a great weekend!

Deborah

Terrie Mathison said...

Fantastic! I think I would keep it too! Beautiful job!!

chateau chic said...

That hall tree is perfect for a corner. Hard to find those kind of pieces so I'm glad you kept it. Love your paint job! I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by.
Mary Alice

Sam I Am...... said...

Well....you had me fooled! I thought for sure it was an old piece to begin with. I thought how cool it was to be a corner hall tree as I had never seen a corner one. But then you said 80's and when I saw the picture of it originally I realized it was 1980's! LOL! You did a great job and you are right to keep it! Amazing how it turned out! I love unique pieces and that one is a keeper for sure now!

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

I love how you painted it. It looks amazing!! I'm going to have to make some chalk paint myself. ~ Jamie
P.S. I so did not notice the laundry until you pointed it out. lol!

Roisin said...

Turned out so well, so very pretty. Would you mind telling me what you wax your chalk painted furniture with? Also, does the chalk paint come out gritty or lumpy? Thanks. Cashel1916@yahoo.com

Shannon Fox said...

Well... you just had to keep it! It's pretty dang gorgeous ;) Love all the flavor you added.

Blue Velvet Chair said...

No wonder you kept if for yourself! Well done.
Mike

Unknown said...

Karin, the finish on this piece is absolutely perfect!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Gorgeous! I love corner pieces. You find the best things!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

Beautiful job! You're right, the patina is beautiful!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Great job! I love the new finish! Stopping by from Tuesday's Treasures.

Tina said...

Your did a wonderful job transforming this piece. You would never realize it wasn't an antique.

Amy Fountain said...

Beautiful work! I love its rustic look!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

This is such a beautiful transformation! I just love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing!

Take care,

Trish