Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Natures Paint Brush. Lake Michigan trail run


Hello my Beauties!
As I told you yesterday on Facebook  I
decided to break free from laundry and projects and painting
and refresh my brain.

One of my favorite places to do that is at one of my favorite trails along
Lake Michigan.
I decided to go for a trail run to refresh my mind and my inspiration.
It was gale force winds which made it all the more BEAUTIFUL
(even though I am still picking sand out of my eyeballs and teeth and other
UNMENTIONABLE areas..LOL) How does it get in there even when you are fully clothed. :)

Now I am betting you can see why I love this place so much.
I get refreshed and my mind just goes FREE when I am there.

I think about everything and I think about NOTHING.

Its funny how when I start running my mind is going, thinking about all the gorgeous
colors and how and where I am going to use them; and all the other things
on my mind, but yet somehow in the midst of all that,
all of the sudden I am thinking of NOTHING.....just like that.
It feels like a plane on the runway...you are coursing down
the runway and all of the sudden you are flying and you are free.

You come to the end and you can't believe its over.
Soaking up all the beauty and keeping it in your memory bank, for the long
COLD Michigan winter. Trying to take in Natures paintbrush and get the feeling
of all those colors together, and the feeling they create.

Walking back through the pine forest and  because the pine needles are falling so fast and hard you would just swear it was raining.  (there is me doing my best impersonation of Peter Pan with my shadow) :)

Thanks for joining me today and checking out my post.

I thought it was pretty funny that as I was going home the same road which I had taken there had this across it...(I said it was gale force winds)
and I thought much like life, obstacles get put in your way all the time..you can choose to sit there and wait for someone else to take care of it or you can get in your DUKES OF HAZARD "GENERAL LEE" and Jump that sucker!!!!
I chose the "general lee"...(I actually drove around it, but in my mind I jumped it)  :)
I hope you go out and enjoy whats around you!


Posted by Picasa


The 36th AVENUE
Stuff and Nonsense

Little Inspiration

16 comments:

Decor & Harmony said...

I love Michigan we vacation there often :) Your pictures look great, thanks for sharing.

poppilinnstudios said...

Gorgeous photos! A perfect place for an inspiring run.
-Lynn

Beth McHale said...

Greetings from the other side of the lake! Thanks for the beautiful photos! Only 10 more days and I'll be clearing my head on the shores of Lake Michigan, my favorite place on earth. Hope there's still some color left. Can't wait for that lake breeze to clear out the cobwebs and refresh my soul!

Unknown said...

Such beautiful pictures, Karin! You live in such a gorgeous area! I love the pic of the lake - reminds me of home. :) Thanks so much for sharing that with us! I think I need to take a little trip up your way. ;)

Lucydesignsart.com said...

those photos are STUNNING!

Merri Jo said...

Karin, you are just as talented with a camera as you are with tools and a paintbrush!! Your pix are wonderful!
We're having a gorgeous Fall here on the other side of the lake in IL, too. I guess the drought was good for something-- breathtaking color this year! I can just hear and smell the piney forest as I look at your marvelous pix!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Karin, these are one of the things I love about Michigan...the colors of Fall are just amazing...even here Downriver we get to see them, still need to get up there by you one of these days! =0)

Kathryn J Cain said...

You paint a beautiful painting with your words, and the pictures are soothing and inspiring..yeap their is no place better then a walk or run in the woods to clear you head, my Sept. Posts showed a little of my favorite place...thank you for taking us along on your run...and I am imagining you gunning the engine to jump the log...but you need a little hill for angle....O yeah Daisy Duke was a year ahead of us in High school...LOL and thanks

Shannon Fox said...

Keep jumping those trees Peter :)

Unknown said...

Karin, Loved your post and your pictures ~ totally rock! This has been the most beautiful fall I ever remember.

Bliss said...

Beautiful.... I did wonder why you were doing a Norman Bates shower pose, but now I understand it was Peter Pan.

Bliss

imklvr said...

As a transplanted Californian (now in Arizona) my heart aches for colors like these. So beautiful you have to remind yourself they are real. Thanks so much for the reminder!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Spectacular pictures and I almost feel refreshed after seeing them! Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog now!

Leah said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing them!

Rhissanna said...

Such lovely pictures!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful walk/run in the woods...just gorgeous photos! A true artist.