Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Be-YOU-tiful Valentines sign


Good Morning my Beauties!
I was able to get a few things done here yesterday and one of the fun
things I got to do was this little Valentines sign.

It was a back of a drawer from one of the pieces that I had rescued before...
You can see that piece here
You see I have a hard time throwing these kinds of things away because of moments like
these. I wanted a rustic little Valentines sign and this old piece from the back of a drawer would
be perfect.

I just quick took some white paint and doodled a little heart on it in the middle.

I then used my silhouette to cut out the Be*You*Tiful and
stenciled that on there. I double layered my letters in two different pinks to soften up the wording...
I then used the same paint to just lightly line around the edge of the heart..only touching in some spots..
 After it was all dry and sanded I outlined the letters with my black sharpie to make the letters pop against the aged wood background.

And that was it...a simple craft for a simple mind....MINE...LOL!
I hope you have a BEAUTIFUL day!
Posted by Picasa
127639_Complimentary Shipping on Orders $100+
The 36th AVENUE
504 Main
Funky Junk Interiors

Funky Junk Interiors

3 comments:

lynn cockrell said...

Great sign and a Be You Tiful way to repurpose a piece of "found" wood!

Pamela said...

Great sign! You always have the best projects. Thanx as always fro partying!

Anonymous said...

Simple but pretty.