Monday, March 11, 2013

How to make a NEW footlocker LOOK OLD and ANTIQUE using paint and a graphic




Good Morning my Beauties...
This is a fun and simple quick DIY..but its a quick one..
We as usual had a very busy and fun weekend..with some unexpected
extra time spent helping friends...
So I barely got this one done, but I did!
So here is how to take those new Foot Lockers
and make it look like its been around for a while.


I picked this up at Goodwill for 6 bucks. It was just the plain old black footlocker.
I had just mixed up some custom Ce Ce Caldwell's paint for another project and thought..I will just slap this leftover on here.

I didn't want to be careful with the paint because I wanted it to look old and I knew some of the paint would come off of the brass when I waxed it..
Once it was dry I used my light aging wax and clear wax ... I then quickly used one of my favorite graphics from the GRAPHICS FAIRY
and used some carbon paper to transfer it on.
Once it was on I used my Krink markers to just draw on the design.
I buffed it out and now it looks like its been sitting around for quite some time.

Sorry I couldn't spend a ton of time on this post for you, but the kids need me and I gotta go get a bunch more stuff ready for the week.
I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy way to turn something NEW...OLD again..:)
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
Posted by Picasa
The Graphics Fairyhttp://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/2013/03/pretty-things-11-and-features-are-live.html
Home Stories A2Z

The DIY Dreamer
504 Main
Create & Inspire Linky Party

mop it up mondays
Three Mango Seeds

13 comments:

andi filante said...

Hi there...visiting from the Graphics Fairy. LOVE this! You did a great job!

-andi

Linda Leyble said...

Hi - very nice! Never heard of Krink markers. I just looked them up - the company is here in NY but I didn't know about them. Did you just use one color?

Very nice project

Linda
http://www.thecolorfulbee.com

NanaDiana said...

Karin- Wow -that turned out great. What color is the final coat? I LOVE the color!!! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Superb - I love that shade of green! (via Graphics Fairy)

betsy said...

That is a gorgeous green. I love the variations of shading you achieved. Very cool!

Cecilia said...

I love it! I'm now following you - can't wait to see what you will do next!

Bliss said...

Another nice project for me to pin.

Bliss

Good Time Charlie said...

I have one in my garage waiting for a redoux. Love that graphic on the trunk!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

This is such a cool makeover, Karin--I love how aged it now appears! I am now going to have to look for one while we're out thrifting and yard saling this spring. Hey, guess what--I got cast in Cymbeline! I read for the Queen, and I got cast as 2 male characters instead! I'm kinda used to it--I'm a character actor, not a lead :) It's outdoor summer Shakespeare in the parks, so audience members bring a picnic and lawn chairs and then relax and enjoy the show--it's fun. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Deb Ponder said...

LOVE! You did a super job on this!

Dina said...

How awesome is that!! I love to give trunks a new face too. Great job!

meandmr.com said...

Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

-Melanie @meandmr.com

Unknown said...

Really love this! I have a bunch of old lockers that could use this finish too! Thanks for the inspiration. Love the Graphics Fairy!!
peggy
gardenhouseliving.com