Monday, March 25, 2013

Lane Cedar Chest NAUTICAL Makeover with Paint and Freezer Paper Transfer


Good Monday Morning my BEAUTIES! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
I was very busy working on another Fenner AUCTION dresser with my niece and we had so much fun. We worked pretty much from Friday at 5pm to Saturday at 7pm. Making sure to get it done before she had to head back home which is an hour away.
Luckily I had managed to eek out a couple projects last week before she got here.

This one was fun and really easy. I got this old beat up Lane Cedar chest from goodwill.
It looked like someone had attempted to sand the top at one time and then changed there mind.
Had the weather been nicer I might have finished sanding the top, but since I was working inside I
really didn't feel like it. :)

Instead I got out my CeCe Caldwell's Smokey Mountain gray and new Chesapeake Bay blue.
Photobucket/
I just mixed the paint on the chest as I was painting. Giving it a little more depth and making look like an old finish.


I waxed it with clear wax and buffed it. Then the fun part..
FREEZER PAPER TRANSFER.
I have been wanting to do a multiple transfer piece
and this piece was the perfect fit for it.

I went over to the GRAPHICS FAIRY and used the anchor and Compass graphics.
I printed them out on my freezer paper and burnished them to the top.
Giving it a very NAUTICAL feel.
You can see the FREEZER PAPER TRANSFER method HERE

Now this Cedar chest is ready for a spot in someones BEACH HOUSE..:)

I hope you enjoyed this makeover and stay tuned for the big reveal coming up
of the new FENNER auction dresser.
Have a BEAUTIFUL day.




Posted by Picasa
The Graphics Fairyhttp://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/2013/03/pretty-things-link-party-13-is-live-we.html
The DIY Dreamer
Home Stories A2Z

The 36th AVENUE
504 MainFurniture Feature FridaysThe Shabby Nest
Create & Inspire Linky Party

Becolorful</ a>
The DIY Dreamerhttp://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/04/party-junk-181-diy-moss-projects.html
DIYShowOff
DIY Show Off Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/buttons/#MV4ePLIX1oKwMeJg.99
”Mondayhttp://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2013/04/bluesday-tuesday-link-party-starting.html
Post a Comment