Monday, October 28, 2013

"all is calm" Pottery Barn Inspired sign made from Free Door


Good Morning my BEAUTIES! Don't shoot me, but I have already been working on
Christmas Projects. I know its early, but having a booth that I need to stock, this is one of the times where
I HAVE to be ahead of schedule.
One of the Christmas Items I worked on was this sign.
I have been a sign making machine for Christmas stuff.

You remember I have a ton of free cupboards in my shed, so whenever I need to make a sign,
I just run out to my shed. When I saw this square door I knew exactly what I wanted to make.
My inspiration was this Pillow from Pottery Barn
I love that fact that it has a chalkboard look to it.
I painted my cupboard with chalk board paint and painted the edges with a metallic craft paint,
to give it that festive feel.

Then I used my silhouette and just made up my own little "all is calm all is bright"
and instead of vinyl which I had run out of , I used some carstock that I had laying around.
Its a bit more of a pain to weed out the letters but its nice because you can use it a couple of times.

I just painted the stencil in with white acrylic craft paint and made my own little doodles around the edges...
I went FREESTYLE on that part. 

and there you have it.. One sign down, about 500 to go..:)
I hope you enjoyed this Pottery Barn inspired free sign.
Until next time;
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
In case you missed any posts from last week you can see
my GUEST POST for REMODELAHOLIC HERE
and my FREE DRESSER turned OOH LA LA HERE!
Posted by Picasa
Three Mango Seedshttp://www.homestoriesatoz.com/tutorials/tutorials-tips-link-party-132.html
partyhttp://http://whipperberry.com/2013/11/the-party-bunch-link-party.htmlwww.cleanandscentsible.com/2013/10/inspiration-exchange-23.html
The DIY Dreamerhttp://www.thecottagemarket.com/2013/11/upcyling-vintage-fun-home-decor.html://www.bliss-ranch.com/
Liz Marie Blog
”thegoldensycamore.com”
Liz Marie Blog
PinkWhen
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

0 comments: