Monday, May 5, 2014

Old Metal cabinet turned VINTAGE APOTHECARY CABINET

vintage-metal-apothecary-cabinet-with-graphic-art-is-beauty
 Good Monday my BEAUTIES!
I hope the Weekend was wonderful for all of you!
We were busy as usual with too many things
trying to fit in too little time,
but it was fun none the less.
For today's Makeover I am going to show you this
old Metal Cabinet that I had picked up off of
CRAIGSLIST

I purchased the cabinet as you see it in the above picture.
I thought..how perfect is this. 
It looked even better than the ad had shown it 
and I thought..Man...I could just throw this right in my booth as is
and it would look awesome.
But you know me..I can never leave well enough alone.
 So many ideas crossed my head as to what I wanted to put on it
but finally decided to go with a vintage "APOTHECARY" graphic.
Now I couldn't find any that I liked so I had to use my silhouette program
to create my very own CUSTOM stencil.
I created my graphic and even made a little perfume bottle 
for the top.

 After using my silhouette to cut out my vinyl stencil I decided instead of painting and then having to seal the paint to use my good old trusty KRINK permanent paint pens.
I just lightly brushed the ink in the stencil area being careful not to get to much ink 
on so it wouldn't bleed under.
vintage-metal-apothecary-cabinet-with-graphic-art-is-beauty
 Once the ink was dry I lightly sanded it to give it a slightly distressed look
and even did a couple spots on the cabinet to age it a bit.
vintage-metal-apothecary-cabinet-with-graphic-art-is-beauty
I have to say, that I kept her in my garage for a couple weeks.
Even though I had no where in my house to put her..
I just didn't want to let her go.
I finally decided last week to put her in my booth
in CALEDONIA VINTAGE MARKETPLACE
and she sold in the first day!!
Someone else is now loving her as much as I did.
(and not sitting in the garage)
I hope you enjoyed this latest makeover.
Be sure to come back tomorrow for the LINK party so 
we can see what fun stuff you guys have been working on.
Until next time..
Go make someones day BEAUTIFUL

0 comments: