Monday, January 12, 2015

Old strereo Cabinet turned Vintage Bar


Good Makeover Monday my BEAUTIES!
This are still busy as all get out here at the art is beauty house
even after Christmas and New years things have not settled down.
I have been working on Furniture left and right
and trying to keep the booths full,
but I still wanted to show you a makeover in the midst of the crazy. :)

I received this old stereo cabinet from a sweet friend.
I forgot to take a true before just because I was in a hurry.
This cabinet had been altered over the years. 
The original doors had been removed and two side
brackets were added.  I also had removed the metal brackets that had been
added to house glass sliding doors. 
I was in love with the shape of this piece.

The top had also seen better days. 
So I got to work.

I grabbed my Maison Blanche Mardi Gras and got to work.



I gave the piece a  couple coats of paint and let it dry. 
The inside I just simply cleaned up and waxed to bring back the 
deep wood color as a nice contrast to the green paint.
I finished off by waxing and buffing the whole piece to make the details pop.


I was so happy with the contrast between the deep dark 
rich wood tone and the pale paint on the outside.
How the simple paint accentuated the small details on the piece.

Ready to go into someones home and add a fun 
statement.

I hope you enjoyed this latest makeover and
that you come back later this week for our
http://missmustardseed.com/2015/01/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link-party-51/

 http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2015/01/fridays-five-features-no-73.html

http://meeganmakes.com/inspiration-monday-party-15/

0 comments: