Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rescued Cabinet DIVA RED Makeover


Hello again my BEAUTIES!
Its Themed Furniture Makeover day here
with the DIY furniture girls.
This months Theme was RED, and did I have the PERFECT piece for it!


 (I even used some of the left over RED on a fun little craft you can see HERE)

 I rescued this sweet little cabinet and I knew that after everything that this
cabinet must have been through that it deserved to be
DIVA RED!

You can see from the top, she had a bit of a rough life
Someone had a good time grooving graphiti into her.
I used stripper twice on the top to get some of the old finish off,
but even after that she required the BELT SANDER.
I had to take it down pretty good to get all of the gouges out
but I knew she would be worth it.

 Here is the top after being belt sanded.
 and here it is with a nice rich coat of Provincial on the top.
I had already premixed up my custom DIVA RED and loved the dark wood with the red.
While the top was drying I painted the red on the base.

 After the base had been painted and waxed and buffed I knew she needed some
jewelry besides her knew shiny knobs.
So I pulled out a damask stencil I had and used a vintage silver colored craft paint to add the
detail. I made sure to wrap around to the top and side for added effect.

 I think you will agree, it made all the difference 
and she is INDEED a DIVA now!

As I was typing this up I realized how great this piece would be for a vanity
sink in a bathroom. 
I am so sad that we are redoing our small half bath by the laundry room
but this is too wide to fit in there.


 I love the total transformation of this piece!


She truly went from Dumpster to DIVA!







An InLinkz Link-up


 http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2014/11/handmade-hangout-link-party-redouxinteriors-week-24/
Furniture Feature Fridays
Persia Lou

0 comments: