Monday, September 12, 2011

freezer paper transfer art



I don't have any pictures for this project besides the finished one because 1.    My battery died right as I was starting the project. 2. I am much, much too impatient to wait for battery to charge
before I started the project. 3. I had to do this about 6 times because I kept messing up. I would either bump the paper or have the board too wet.
But what I do have is the full instructions on how to do this from over at HOME FROSTING
She was probably better at explaining it any way. I did not have spray adhesive so I just used regular glue and card stock paper to mount my freezer paper to. The great thing about this project
is that for the 5 times it didn't work I just wiped off the freezer paper and then wiped off the board. It was very easy to do over and over until I got what I wanted.  For this project I went back to the GRAPHICS FAIRY and found the cute utensil print again. Followed the instructions for the transfer and this is what I got. I sprayed it with lacquer and It is all set to be another addition to the kitchen decorations.  I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL day.
'
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! I have been dying to try a "transfer" project. I've been a little too overwhelmed to give it a go. I suppose I just need to quit worrying and get started. And I hear you on the camera charging, who has the patience to wait for THAT?! lol.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece of work - worth the frustrations!

Jenn said...

I have been wanting to try this transfer technique for a while but never seem to get a chance. Yours looks great!! Thanks again for linking up to The Creative Spark!
Jenn :)

Unknown said...

That is neat

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic you used! It is perfect for a kitchen decor item! You have great taste!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I keep seeing spoon and fork art and have wanted to incorporate some into my breakfast nook. However, I am out of wall space. This is a great idea for an existing piece I have. Thanks so much!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Very cute. I am going to have to try this!

paige said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring your art today at The Creative Paige as one of the favorites from my link party!

Art Is Beauty said...

Thank you all for all of your sweet comments. I wish I had time to respond to each and everyone of you...these dang projects just keep me so busy. Please know that I read them all and keep them near my heart.
Thanks again,
Karin
www.artisbeauty.net

Sherry said...

Thanks so much for sharing, I have to give this a try.

srpprcrftr said...

Transferring things is not one of my better "talents" (unless it's onto fabric with a transfer) but I'm going to give it a try.
Love how your project turned out with the utensils, really cute and perfect for a kitchen. Guess you had to use patience if you tried it 6 times.
I'll wait til I'm not in any hurry and nobody to pester me with questions, (meaning hubs). Let's see wonder when that might be, never, since we're both retired. Hey maybe he'd be good at the transfer bit, he's pretty smart on lots of things I'm awful at and has lots more patience. He loves it when I let him take over a project.
I'm a new subscriber, look forward to visiting your blog often. Merry Christmas to you and yours.