Monday, February 13, 2012

VINTAGE BIKE "make the pace" end table redo


So I saw this great graphic featured over on THE GRAPHICS FAIRY last week and knew I had to use it on something....soon. I don't know what it was about it that I loved but it was just such a fun one. I had been in my garage prepping a bunch of stuff so that when the moment struck I would be able to just start painting.

Well, I came across this cute little end table that I had gotten at Goodwill for $2.99..and I just knew...this was the perfect one for it.
So I just used my printer to blow up the graphic and started using my carbon paper to transfer the image to the "key lime" paint job I had given the table...(sorry forgot to take pics of that...:)





Once it was transferred you know I got out my now favorite paint pen..KRINK marker...and just started drawing away. Just as and FYI 
I wanted to let you know that Krink is having a sale on Fab.com. Fab.com is members only and free to join! The sale begins Saturday at 11am. Don't miss out..I just used the KRINK marker on 2 more projects today and don't know how I lived with out them....:)
This is the link to the Sale...It will take you right to the site HERE


Once the paint pen had cured I gave it a good distressing to give it an even more vintage feel, and sprayed on a coat of poly.

I just love the feel of this table and had a fun time with it. I hope you also enjoyed!!
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!










Home Stories A2Z


Sunday's Best Linky Party!http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2012/02/meet-me-monday_19.html
 http://www.vintagemauve.com/2012/02/20/mauvin-monday-link-party/

24 comments:

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Looks great! I love the color too :)

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This is so fun!! I love it!

Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne said...

I love it. The color is perfect for the fun feel of the graphic!

Good Time Charlie said...

So cute!!!! I love the color and completely original all around. Great work.

Beth said...

LOVE the design you chose and you did a great job!!

Howsewears said...

VERY cool!
Fondly, Tami
www.thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE this, too! the color and design are awesome!!!

Kammy's Korner said...

coming from a biking family - I LOVE THIS!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Seriously loving this table top!

XO,
Clydia
threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

This is great. Something different. I love it! Great job!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Following you on linky...would you be willing to follow back? :)

Meeha Meeha said...

It turned out great, such a sweet end table!

How to Nest for Less said...

SO COOL!! I always love the prints from Graphics Fairy and you choose something that is just stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing at my first ever linky party!

Artsy VaVa said...

What a great table! Fantastic job!!!

weissbunt said...

Love it! Great idea and beautifully done. Just dropping by from the shabby nest. Have great weekend - maks :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my! I NEED this table! I love it! I am hosting my first link party today, and would love for you to add this, and anything else you like!

http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-1.html

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Jenni R. said...

I love this graphic and have wanted to use it for a long time. Great idea! And your table looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love the color, love the graphic. Thanks for the inspiration! Found you at Meet Me Monday, (You're talking too much...)

Unknown said...

Karin, your table is adorable!

I can't wait to try out some Krink pens. Missed out on the sale so I'll have to wait till next time but they look awesome! Thanx for sharing!!

a hui hou, Shelly

ANNE said...

This is fabulous!!! Found you over at Refresh Restyle & I'm your newest follower.

(I've combined my art with my diy blog, too. Glad to find another soul with my passions!!)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Just great...I have these graphics and haven't done anything with it...love this, besides we are the Wrights, so bikes belong in our house...great job. Visiting from linking party

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Love how you transformed the table in to something so pretty and unique. I'll have to get that KRINK pen, hear so much about it. I want it! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday' Best.

Ann said...

Simply wonderful!

Good Time Charlie said...

Karen I love this! I am going to share it later today at my party. It starts on Thursday now. I think I am going to do something with this graphic too. LOVE!