Monday, November 26, 2012

Dumpster Dive Barstool turned FRENCH stand


Good Monday Morning my BEAUTIES!
How did you all fair over this long Holiday weekend?
I think I will need to be letting my pants out or at least get some more stretchy pants...(thank goodness for yoga pants)  :)
Well, I actually had some time to whip up a fun little project this weekend.

I don't know if you remember or followed along on my Facebook page, but some neighbors were moving out a few months back and had a dumpster in their yard. I didn't know what the circumstances were but I could see furniture in the dumpster. (You all know how I could never let that happen) :)
So I went and talked to my neighbor and offered her some cash if I could dig through her stuff (I had found out they were losing the house due to the economy)  She said "NO" and wished She had known and told me to" have at it!! "

One of the things I had saved was this plane old oak bar stool. Just a single bar stool in perfect condition. BUT what the heck was I gonna do with it. It thought about cutting it up and using parts and pieces but I couldn't decide. I am glad I didn't!!!
I painted the legs of the barstools with CeCe Caldwells Vermont Slate
and the Top with  Chestnut.
 It just happens that THE GRAPHICS FAIRY had put up this great
"french franc" image.
So I just printed it off on my computer, used some carbon paper to transfer it and painted it on.
When it was dry I waxed and distress the whole thing.

I love how some plain old bar stool, has now been FRENCHIFIED!

I hope you enjoyed this fun little tutorial and I hope to be out of my  "fat pants" by
the end of the week...:) or at least till Christmas..:)
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
Posted by Picasa
120x60 Crabtree & Evelyn LogoThe Graphics Fairy
Becolorful</ a>
Mod Vintage LifeTheRusticPig
Home Stories A2Z
The DIY Dreamer
House on the Way
Photobucket
The 36th AVENUE

Stuff and Nonsense

Made in a Day
HouseofHepworths504 MainFurniture Feature Fridays
The Humble Brag Link PartyDebbiedoo's
Too Much Time On My Hands
Funky Junk Interiors
Post a Comment