Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"O come let us adore Him" Christmas sign from old door


Good morning my Beauties! Sorry for the late post
but with the short week last week,
a kid home sick yesterday and then Late start day for the older kids,
My SCHEDULE is no longer a schedule.
I did manage to get a sign done though, but I had to wait till this morning to try and get some decent light for it..LOL!!!
I have had a bunch of old doors in my shed for almost a year and have been slowly using them up.
Well I am in the Christmas mood, and wanted to make another sign.

So I went out the shed grabbed a door and slapped on some vintage white paint.

while it was drying I used my silhouette to make a vinyl stencil
with the words
"O come let us adore him"
I used my CeCe Caldwells Traverse City Cherry to paint the letters and the edge.

Once that was dry I decided I wanted to outline the letters with my gold Krink marker.
When it was all said and done, I distressed the whole thing, and gave it a coat of wax.

I am so sorry about the cruddy pictures...but we are dealing with a Michigan winter here.
While we have gorgeous falls and summers our winters STINK...they are dark and we go days without seeing the sun. So until I can figure out better lighting it will have to do.!!
C'est la vie!!

Have a Beautiful day!!!
Posted by Picasa
DIY Show Off DIY Holiday Highlights
House on the Way
Photobucket
Funky Junk Interiors
Post a Comment