Monday, November 11, 2013

Graphics Fairy Sheet music wreath using OLD CD

I have been a crafting fool, getting ready for the season for the booths.
Since I have been so busy I thought I would show you and older
post of some of the things you guys
can make for decor this year.
Here is one of my favorites. My sheet music Christmas wreath.!


Good Monday Morning my Beauties! Well Its official...
I have caught my kids CRUD. :(  Luckily
I had gotten this project I have been wanting to do done
before the wonderful virus set in.

I have a stock pile of old sheet music that I had gotten at a bag at a thrift shop for $1.
Some of its really old and I decided not to touch that stuff, but the rest is 70's and 80's classical.
So I thought I would use those to make my wreath. BUT I didn't have a wreath form. It hit me while
I was in my CRAP/CRAFT room that I have a bunch of old scratched Cd's in there.
They are round and sturdy and I thought an added bonus that a MUSIC wreath was going to be put on an old CD :)
(Bonus if you don't have sheet music you can go over to the Graphics Fairy and
she has vintage sheet music you can print off)

I started rolling my half sheets of sheet music and hot gluing them when they were rolled.
I then hot glued them to the CD working in a opposite pattern. (kinda like how you take the lug nuts off a tire..:))

I kept adding layers and then as I wanted it fuller I cut the half sheets in half again and made a middle smaller rolled section. When that was set I went over to the Graphics Fairy and got this cute little Vintage Angel

I added her to the middle using my hot glue gun and then used a piece of some silver sprigs that I had left over from Christmas Decorating.

My Christmas Sheet music wreath now hangs on my front door.

I love the adorable little greeting that she is to people coming into our home.
Well, thats all I have for today..Hopefully by the time you read this
I am on my way to feeling MUCH better.
I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL day!
Posted by Picasa
Get the Holiday Tote FREE with Your $125 Purchase from Crabtree & Evelyn The Graphics Fairy
Home Stories A2Z
TheRusticPig
House on the Way
DIY Show Off
The DIY Dreamer


Made in a Day
Made in a Day
504 Main Dreaming All Day

Too Much Time On My Hands
Funky Junk Interiors
mop it up mondays

DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/11/10/that-diy-party-42/#ts75X1YWrptjM8UL.99
Post a Comment