Monday, July 30, 2012

Knock off Pottery Barn "guest cottage" sign Copy Cat challenge.


Since I am leaving for vacation I thought I better get up
my entry for Debbiedoo's COPY CAT challenge

I went out to my scrap pile and got a perfect size board for my
"pottery barn" "guest cottage" copy cat sign.

I hand wrote out the words "guest cottage" with pencil

I then used my krink paint pens to fill in the words. When it was dry I distressed the heck out of it and sealed it..

and here it is in all its glory. Guess what? It cost me NOTHIN!! I had all the stuff in my house.

It sure beats the $69 price tag on the pottery barn one....DONTCHA THINK?
:)
EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY..
I hope you enjoyed this little copy cat challenge.
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
Posted by Picasa
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Home Stories A2Z
The Shabby NestShabby Art Boutique
Too Much Time On My Hands
Becolorful

18 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

Why yes, yes I did :) It's a winner for sure! And free beats 69 bucks every time!!! Have a super getaway!

Tami Michel said...

My goodness, yours is so similar to the PB version and much better price! Great job!
Tami

Unknown said...

Beautiful job! I had trouble figuring out which one was yours and which one was PB's!!

Good Time Charlie said...

Love it! I always like your versions better! Vacation again???? My kids go back to school tomorrow!!!!take me with you!

Debbiedoos said...

Oh yeah, that is awesome!!~ Love the sign. What a great job you did. Thanks in advance for joining in. I am jumping out of my skin with anticipation for this party. See you tomorrow night. I realized it is my hubs birthday the day of the party, so I best get a jump start.

Debbiedoos said...

Shared on my fb:)

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

This sign is awesome. Yours is so much better than spending $69 buckaroos. You did a wonderful job.

Kathryn J Cain said...

`love what you did....really do and easy......I am trying to think of what I want to copy and i will be honest....I have so many projects.....18 to be exact thinking.

Unknown said...

Fantastic!! I have just started making name and quote signs like this, so rewarding. Well done!!

DIYbyDesign said...

What a great copycat project. I am super impressed. I saw you over at Debbie's party and had to stop by.

Sonny G said...

yours looks GREAT~!

Maria Elena said...

I love your sign! It looks exactly like the one from PB! Great copycat!

Ricki Treleaven said...

It sure does beat PB's price tag! Awesome copycat.

Linking from Debbiedoo's,
xo,
Ricki Jill

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Beautiful! You are a great artist--I could never freehand lettering like that!

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

I love this ...it turned out great!
Francine

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Great job and every bit as gorgeous as PB's.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing this at Shabbilicious Friday :)

Unknown said...

very cool Karin! Working on catching up; we're on vacation and internet service has been very spotty up here. Back to the grind Monday:) Can't wait to swing by and check out your new space!!!