Thursday, October 18, 2012

"ALL MY DAYS" Self portrait as an autumn tree in Oil



Its Done!  I have spent the last 2 days working on something in my head
and I can finally say ...Its done.

I wanted to paint (and not furniture). It seems I go through phases. I can paint tons and tons of
furniture and all of the sudden..I need to paint...A PAINTING.
Well on Tuesday the heart wanted what the heart wanted and the
brain and the hands obliged.
As you know last week I went for a run along the Michigan Lake shore
(You can see the autumn inspiration HERE)
to get my fill of all the autumn foliage. I knew it was gonna bug me to put it on canvas
and I was right.

So early Tuesday A.M. I started mixing up my oil paints and started laying down my paint.

As I was painting I realized it was a self portrait. This is one of my favorite parts of painting.
I can have NO IDEA how things are going to end up. I just let my brain be free and it takes me where I am meant to be.  (hey I'm a poet and I didn't know it..LOL)

 If you want you can hear the song that inspired me while I was painting.
Sometimes is just a lyric or something that will make my brain click on. In this case I actually heard the song right as I was finishing and from that point on had my Title for my painting.
 

As you can see from this photo..I had lots of inspiration surrounding me these last couple of days.
 

I hope you enjoyed this little peek inside my brain. As I get up early in the morning on these blustery autumn days and stretch out my limbs, it makes me smile to know to picture myself as my autumn tree.
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!


Posted by Picasa
HookingupwithHoH
Made in a Day
http://www.somethingswanky.com/sweet-treats-swanky-stuff-thursday-2/
Lil\'Luna
http://www.madincrafts.com/2012/10/mad-skills-party-125.html



504 Main
The Humble Brag Link Party
Fridays Unfoldedhttp://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/
Whipperberry
Little Inspiration

Funky Junk Interiors
Ladybird Ln
http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/
Boogieboard Cottage
Skip To My Lou
Three Mango Seeds
Today's Creative Blog ”Tip
mop it up mondays
TheRusticPig
House on the Way
The DIY Dreamer
Home Stories A2Z
The Stuff of SuccessLil\'Luna


Nutmeg Place
the artsygirl connection
StudioJRU

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Luv it! and I know what you mean about needing to paint on a canvas every once in a while. Glad your heart took over and made ya do it!!
Peace,
Debbie

Shannon Fox said...

It's beautiful. I'm so glad you have this creative outlet. I know you enjoy it so much, and you create beauty as a result :)

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

I love this post and the insight into how you are feeling these days. Very pretty painting.

Kathryn J Cain said...

Ok do you still do this, watch clouds and look for shapes in them...or a mountain and see faces in the lines...or as in this case, I see a lithe frame of a woman in the tree trunk,in a form fitting gown that puddles at the hem, her arms are outstretched....as the wind blows her sun spun red hair...yeap that is what I see, looking at your painting..thank you

Unknown said...

Oh, Karin! You are so unbelievably talented! I can totally see the silhouette of you in the tree. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! One of these days, I am totally going to have a Karin Chudy original hanging in my home!!

reCreate Design Co said...

breathtaking.

Bliss said...

That's a little bit different than painting a dresser huh? Inspiring really. I have always said I can't paint anything. Then I did some furniture. I should pick up a canvas and .... just paint.

Bliss

Jeanette said...

Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful painting of my two of my favorite things - trees and fall!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Just beautiful! Stopping by from Simple Creations party

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are truly talented. I adore this autumnal scene.

Kristens Creations said...

So glad you linked to my party! What a beautiful painting...love it!!! You are very talented...

Kristen

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous!

Highland Monkey's said...

Sometimes it's nice to go down a different route and flex your muscles! Great painting.

Crystelle Boutique said...

I love it....
I didn't know we could do self-portraits as a tree.... I am going to have to try that....

Thanks for the inspiration. You are very talented...!

Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Your painting is gorgeous! You do such a beautiful job! I really love all the autumn colors. How much does a Karen original go for? Maybe someday when I have money I can commission your work. :) Have a wonderful day! ~ Jamie

Beja {Howdy-Honey.com} said...

I love the textures! I specifically love the texture of the sky in contrast with the grass. That is very powerful movement!

Unknown said...

Karin, I absolutely love this painting. It's so alive and could represent so many different things. Can I sign up for a paint class with you? I would love to learn how to paint, even very basic images would be great.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your painting is incredible. It reminds me of the Greek myth about the girl that turned into a tree. I saw your painting on FB earlier today and was amazed.

Unknown said...

Wow, so beautiful!! You are so talented. I love the gorgeous colors you used, too! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. So thrilled to have you. :)

Emily said...

That is beautiful. I would love to try and paint like you. Two little ones makes that hard right now. But I have one of those "painting ideas" in my head too that I want to get out. Thanks for the inspiration to start.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Your painting is amazing I love all those golden coloured leaves. What a treasured painting :)
Im with you, when Im feeling creative I have to jump at it there and then or the moment will pass and it might not return for a while. Theres nothing worse than forcing yourself to be creative. Just doesnt work does it!

Hilary said...

That is definitely a WOW! painting. I wish I could see it up close in person. I love the graceful lines of the trunk/body. Is that an outline of a pumpkin on the "butt." There's so much to see in this painting ...

Unknown said...

I love your painting! Perfect for Fall. And I just realized that you are in West MI too. Yay for Michiganders! Do you know of other shelter/DIY/craft bloggers in the area?

Jo said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love the tree's form and detail, and the gorgeous colours.

I once did a tree painting that started with a mental image of myself as a child sitting with my dad. The painting's colours come from our hair colours at the time: mine was white-blonde, his was brown. I'm sure I have a picture of it on my blog somewhere, I'll have to look.

Unknown said...

Wow...It's beautiful!
Sally

Jocie@TheBetterHalf said...

I tried to comment earlier but I'm not sure it went through. so forgive me if i'm double commenting! :)

This is yet ANOTHER amazing project! Love it!
Thanks so much for linking up last Friday. Hope to see you back tomorrow to link up and see if you were featured or even won the free ad space!
http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-4/

Anonymous said...

this is my first visit here, I just came from Fox Hollow Cottage, I was so excited when I read how you paint and the way you create, its exactly how do it!! Its wonderful to find a fellow artist " who gets it " I would love to follow your blogging journey!

ANNE said...

gorgeous painting! Love the image and the colours and highlights. Thanks for sharing it!

Christine said...

I ADORE the painting!!!!!! You are so talented!! Love the music video too!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

Meg said...

Featuring your beautiful painting on this weeks All Star Block Party:

http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/10/all-star-block-party-22.html

Sarah Leonard said...

This is gorgeous! I love the leaves and the shape of the tree trunk. Trees are my favourite things to photograph and I love painting and sketching them too :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

this is so beautiful... and my favorite time of year! love seeing how all those colors on your palette became this tree! so happy you shared with us 'in the studio' this week. so fun to peek into your studio! :)